ANGRY LADY YELLING...

I think you know...

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

What makes us grown up?




WELL... i could bitch and whine about this one for ages.

What makes a grown up? Is it age? Is it responsibility? Is it the ability to backstab and bullshit and wear tracksuits combined with gold jewellery and cut your hair into a bob?

One might infer from the tone of the above that I have an axe to grind about what is valued in this society in terms of being an adult.

So I was at work last week - i work at Unnamed Secondary School - and i was told off, for laughing too loudly in a public place.

I SHIT YOU NOT! Apparantly its not professional.

I responded with the assertion that the several staff members who were fucking each other behind their partners backs were hardly icons of proffessionalism - however that fell on deaf ears, and i considered myself told off... and laughed loudly on my way out of the office.

It got me to thinking... is it just my workplace or is it everywhere.

Indeed I work with a shitload of fucktards, but after discussing this at length, many of my friends from many walks of life it seems that this is the status quo.

I have decided it is everywhere, and its time to make a change.

I am an educated, articulate woman in my latter 30s . I work hard, am married and have well functioning children.
I have no visible tattoos, and have no longer any extraneous peircings.

I get frowned at an ignored in posh lady shops and followed by store detectives just about everywhere i go. I truely dont know why I am so offensive to the 'average joe and jane' but what ever it is, I think its time to give them their own back.

SURE... I dont act like a 'grown up'. I react to arseholes, I do laugh loudly. I detest injustice, and I cant abide bullshit. And it seems to me that this contradicts every thing being an adult in modern western society is. (i know - poor sentence structure... im tired).

SO what to do?

I urge anyone who might be reading this - never let go of the kid inside... cos it seems to me that all being an adult really entails is being the result of a kid who has been fucked over and crushed by society.

Go climb a tree.
Go fly a kite.
Have a water fight.
Laugh loudly.


But maybe I am over reacting. I'm told I do that.

1 Comments:

At 11:32 PM, Blogger The Rantolotl said...

No! You're not!

Now, I work in a quiet cubible farm, so yeah, laughing, or in fact, talking about anything vaguely interesting is a bit of a no-no, but this is just ridiculous! It's a school! The last time I visited a school, there was noise - everywhere, in fact!

Your boss/colleagues need to get a life.

And if I was a store detective, I wouldn't follow you around. Well, I might, but only because I'd be interested in the story you were telling animatedly and didn't want to miss out on the ending.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home